This weeks recipe is Monster Dip. I found this little gem over Dominic’s Christmas vacation when he wanted some dip for the animal crackers. I hopped onto Pinterest and went on a search. We’ve eaten this type of dip before at daycare but I’ve never made it before because I thought it was a little hard to make but boy was I wrong. One of the requirements you could say I had for the dip was it need little to no dairy in it. I wanted to be able to eat some of the dip too but dairy just doesn’t agree with my stomach and a majority of the Monster Dip recipes have a TON of dairy but this one only had cream cheese and butter, I can handle that.
Ingredients: Prep Time: 15 min’s Total Time: 15 min’s
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 + 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup M&M’s (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl add in the cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter. Beat on high until combined.
- Add in brown sugar, powdered sugar, salt, and quick cooking oats. Beat on high until light and fluffy. I used a hand held mixer which worked great.
3. Stir in the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
4. Place the dip in the fridge for 15 minutes so the dip stays together.
5. You can either use the same bowl or place the dip into a serving bowl and serve with pretzels. Store in the fridge.
Notes: You can divide the dip into to bowls\balls and place one in the freezer to save for later. I had regular oats and I wasn’t a fan of using those oats in this dip but it was still good and everyone enjoyed it. I also added the oatmeal in when I added the candies in and folded them together. Maybe I should have added the oats when I was suppose to and mix them together, it might have turned out different textually.
*The bowl was almost empty by the end of the week, we made this on Wednesday. I will for sure be making this again and having the kids help too.