It’s that time of the year again, as the weather has turned colder and making soups has become popular. I love making soups and grew up eating a fresh batch of soup at least once a week and having left overs during the week. I played a ton of sports growing up and soups were easy to make on the weekends so there were left overs during the week for me to eat seeing how I missed a lot of dinners at home due to practices or games.
My soup making skills are still coming together as I get older and I’m excited to try different soups that I have found on Pintrest, like stuff pepper soup and taco soup. I haven’t had those growing up and they sound and look so yummy.
This weekends soup was a beef veggie soup, were I literally dumped in veggies that we had on hand and needed to be used up.
- 2 containers of beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 whole yam
- 1 whole zucchini (removed the seeds)
- Minced onion (couple of shakes)
- 1 can of green beans & potatoes)
- 1/2 a bag of frozen corn
- black pepper (couple shakes)
- Grab crock pot and place on counter. Fill the pot up with both containers of beef broth and I had a cup of water.
- Dump in the canned green beans & potatoes, frozen peas, and frozen corn.
- Cut up yam into nice size cubes and add in. Cut the zucchini length wise, scoop out the seeds, and then cube it up to the size you like most.
- Shake in minced onion and black pepper.
***** If I had carrots and celery I would have added those as well, but my husband feed them to the bunnies the day before. You could also add rice or noodles. My husband wasn’t a big fan of this soup but he didn’t grow up on soups and the boys tried it and weren’t impressed lol.
God Bless ~Angela